Deadline: December 31, 2008
1st prize: $300 * 2nd prize: $150 * 3rd prize: $50
In addition, the winning poems will be displayed on our website sps.com.
Please read the following, then scroll down to submit your poem.
Poetry Contest Guidelines:
- Poems can be rhyming or non-rhyming, although we find that non-rhyming poetry reads better.
- We suggest that you write about real emotions and feelings and that you have some special person or occasion in mind as you write.
- Poems are judged on the basis of originality and uniqueness.
- English-language entries only, please.
- Enter as often as you like!
Poetry Contest RulesAll entries must be the original creation of the submitting author. All rights to the entries must be owned by the author and shall remain the property of the author. The author gives permission to SPS Studios, Inc. to publish and display the entry on the Web (in electronic form only) if the entry is selected as a winner or finalist. Winners will be contacted within 45 days of the deadline date. Contest is open to everyone except employees of SPS Studios and their families. Void where prohibited.
How to SubmitSimply complete the contest form below, or if you prefer, you may send your submission via snail mail* to:
SPS Studios Poetry Card Contest,
P.O. Box 1007, Dept. E,
Boulder, CO 80306.
To support the author of this blog, consider buying her books.
Pumping Your Muse (Creative writing book)
Beyond the Fifth Gate (Fantasy)
For more about the author of this blog check out Theinkslinger.net.