1) Entry must be fiction and pertain to an aspect of the Thoroughbred industry 2) Entry must be original material. Previously published work is not eligible. Entry submitted to a previous Fiction Contest is not eligible.
3) Entry must be a maximum of 5,000 words, typed or computer-printed, and double-spaced on 8 1/2" x 11" white paper. Entry that exceeds word count is not eligible.
4) Each author may submit only one entry.
5) Author acknowledges that he or she solely owns the work and that the work does not violate or infringe on any copyright agreements and does not contain any libelous material.
6) Each entry must be accompanied by a cover sheet that lists title of entry, author's name, mailing address, e-mail address (if available), and daytime telephone number. Do not include author's name and contact information on individual pages of entry.
7) Entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2009.
8) Send your entry to Thoroughbred Times Fiction Contest, P.O. Box 8237, Lexington, KY 40533-8237. For overnight packages and those that require a return receipt acknowledgment, send your entry to: Thoroughbred Times Fiction Contest, .
9) E-mailed entries will be accepted and should be sent to fiction@thoroughbre dtimes.com
. Entry should be in a Microsoft Word document and sent as an attachment to the e-mail.
10) No fax entries will be accepted.
11) Thoroughbred Times will acknowledge receipt of entries via e-mail or mail.
12) Entries will be judged by an editorial panel selected by the editors of Thoroughbred Times. Decision of the judges is final.
13) By submitting an entry to the Fiction Contest, the author acknowledges that Thoroughbred Times is hereby awarded the first North American publication
rights, and compensation to the author will be as outlined below. Thoroughbred Times reserves the right to publish any and all Fiction Contest entries
in Thoroughbred Times.
14) First-place winner will receive $750 and the work will be published in Thoroughbred Times. Second-place winner will receive $375 and the work will be published in Thoroughbred Times. Third-place winner will receive $200 and the work will be published in Thoroughbred Times. Any Honorable Mention winners that are published will receive a cash prize.
15) Entries will not be returned.
16) Employees of and/or regular contributors to Thoroughbred Times are not eligible.
17) To obtain the results of the contest, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Thoroughbred Times Fiction Contest Results, P.O. Box 8237, . For more information, contact Tom Law at or
http://www.thorough bredtimes. com/default. aspx