With the lack of an anthology market today, I thought I'd pass on this writing contest. Sounds like fun!
The Reader's Place-Tons of interviews and articles Announcing 2008 Contest: Summertime Blues
Tell them in fewer than 1,000 words (in any genre) a short story that takes place in summer. Their panel of judges will be looking for:
1. Good storytelling
2. Unique turn of words
3. Use of these words: summer, hotdogs, campfire, "Kumbiah" and blues.
4. Well-written (grammar, word usage, etc.)
Winning story will receive $50 in prize money and the first and second runner-up will receive two books of their choosing. All three stories will be published on their site. AND you can list your winning honor on writing resume or book proposal.
- Submit to Connie@ArmchairInte rviews.com as a Word doc (if not available, submit in inside an email)
- 1,000 words maximum
- Please underline the required words used
- Genre of your story
- Your favorite genre
- Only one submission per person
- On cover sheet, list name, email and mailing address
- Deadline is
September 30, 2008
Winners will be notified after the judging decisions are made.