Subtitle: 101 Great Stories from the Course and the Clubhouse
Golf is a sport of passion and obsession like none other. We are looking for true personal stories that reflect what the game means to you. Think of the best stories you've told at the 19th hole, and how you've told them, and share them with our readers. Stories should be written in the first person, should not be previously published, and should not exceed 1,200 words. Any stories are welcomed, including those on the following topics:
- Dealing with pressure or frustration
- Sneaking in Practice
- Teaching a child/grandchild/spouse to play
- The person who inspired you to play
- Your first set of clubs
- Your first tournament experience
- An interesting lifelong member or employee at a golf club
- Playing golf as a kid
- A golf shot or scene that startled or amazed you
- An unusual rules predicament
- Incidents of gamesmanship on the course
- The most romantic time you've ever had on a golf course
- An embarrassing faux pas at a private country club
- Experiences attending a professional tournament
- Working at a golf course; as a caddy, etc.
- The players in your regular foursome
- Experiences meeting or playing with famous people
If chosen, your story and bio will be a published. You will also receive 200 and ten free copies of the book. You retain your copyrights to resell the story to another publication after it is
published by Chicken Soup.
DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 30, 2008. SUBMISSIONS GO TO
http://chickensoupf orthesoul. com/form. asp?cid=submit_ story.