Traveling Mamas Anthology
TravelingMamas.com is in search of true uplifting, funny, inspirational, and touching stories with a travel theme for an upcoming anthology series. Possible themes may include family travel, romantic escapes, girlfriend getaways, and solo trips.
We’re looking for stories that inspire us, force us to laugh out loud or make us reach for the tissue box. Bring us into your story by using the five senses. Every story must have a beginning, middle, and end.
- We are requesting one-time rights. Reprints are acceptable as long as you own the rights.
- If your work has been published before we ask that you please send the name of the publication the story appeared and the date it was published with your submission. We will have the right to edit your work.
- Word count: 300-1000 words.
- More than one story may be submitted.
- The story can be told in first or third person. You don’t have to be a mom to tell the story.
- Deadline is midnight September 1, 2008.
- In the body of your email please include your name, address, phone number, and preferred email address. At the bottom of your story please include a brief author bio (no more than 100 words) to be included in the back of the book. If your story is chosen you will be able to revise your bio before publication.
- Please send your submissions in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (no attachments will be opened).
- $50 (Payment upon publication)
- A Traveling Mamas travel pack that includes one copy of the book your story appears in.
Please be patient. This is a long process. We will let you know as soon we know if your story has been selected. If you don’t hear from us, we may be holding your story for upcoming books.
Thank you for joining our journey. We look forward to reading your stories.
The Traveling Mamas