- Entrants must not previously have received payment for publication of prose fiction (excluding competition prizes);
- All stories must be in English;
- Entries must be sent on the online entry form;
- Stories should be suitable for a mainstream audience and between 2,000 - 4,000 words in length;
- Writers must hold the copyright in all entries;
- Anthologies will be published by Baineth Publications. For the purpose of protecting the anthology, Baineth Publications will place a copyright notice on the book layout but writers will retain full control of their own stories. If they wish to publish or sell them elsewhere, they will simply need to notify Baineth Publications;
- Stories can be submitted at any time and will be considered for the next available anthology;
- You may enter as many times as you like, but no more than one story by a single author will be included in a single anthology.
The closing date for Anthology 2 is 31 March 2008. Thereafter, competitions will run every 6 months.
The winner is decided by readers' votes and will receive:
- A cash prize to the value of £1,000(GBP) , and
- An option from Baineth Publications to publish a full-length work (novel or short story collection) within the 12 months following the close of voting. The precise terms of such publication will be subject to discussion between the writer and publisher at the time.