We are looking for true stories and poems about your high school years. We
prefer stories written in the first person and no more than 1200 words. We
would like to include stories and poems on the following topics, among
- Regrets (lessons learned from making bad choices)
- Sports (making the team, or not. Winning the game, or not. Social aspects of sports).
- Religion and faith � its place in your life
- Dating and sex
- Embarrassing moments
- Humorous moments
- Issues, good and bad, with instant messaging, Facebook, texting, cell
- phones, emails, the web in general
- Self image, self acceptance � would include coming out, eating disorders, different body types
- College applications
- Grades, SATs, ACTs
- Military decision, trade school, or other non-college plans for after high school
- Family relationships - siblings, parents, other family members
- Puberty - early, late, being a short boy, being a tall girl, etc.
- Friends - best friends, losing friends, cliques, support of friends
- Tough issues - divorce, cancer, suicide of friend, death, drunk driving death, pregnancy
- Failures and rising above them
If your story is chosen, you will be a published author and your bio will be
printed in the book. You will also receive a check for $200 and ten free
copies of your book, worth more than $100.
If your story is published by us, we will copyright it in your name and you
will retain your rights to resell the story to another publication.
SUBMISSIONS GO TO http://chickensoupf orthesoul. com/form. asp?cid=submit_ story
DEADLINE IS MAY 31, 2008 although we may accept stories after that date if we have room.