The Midwest Writing Center will showcase the poetic works of its Out Loud participants in its second annual anthology of poetry. All Out Loud participants are invited to participate (See guidelines below). The Anthology of Out Loud Poetry, Volume II, will be a tribute to the Midwest Writing Center’s poetry participants, their talents, and their love of poetry.
If you have questions, contact Brenda Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org (Anthology in subject line) or call 309-781-5685. This anthology is sponsored by First Midwest Bank.
1. Entries will be accepted starting January 1, 2008 and will continue until October 21, 2008 for a publication date of no later than December 1, 2008. The submissions will be reviewed by our selection panel. If your work appears in the Anthology, you will receive a submitters copy at no cost. We are looking for a sponsor to help with the costs of the publication. If you know of someone, please let us know.
2. All entries must be submitted in a Word document format with each entry on a separate page within the document. One poem may be submitted per document. Each document must contain entrant’s name, address, telephone number, and email address. Email entries to email@example.com with Anthology in subject line. If it is not possible to email submissions, save entries to a disk and mail to Brenda Brown, 2911 26th Ave., Moline, Illinois 61265.
3. Each applicant can submit up to 60 lines of poetry. Blank lines will be included in the count. Poems can be submitted in any combination of 60 lines or less. For example, a poet can submits three poems of 20 lines each, two poems of 30 lines each, or one poem of 20 lines and one with 40 lines, etc. A maximum of 60 lines of poetry will be published per entrant. Line length cannot exceed 44 characters including punctuation, and lines may be broken at the discretion of the anthology committee. Lines broken because of length, will count as two lines.
4. All poetry content must be appropriate for audiences of all ages.
5. Poets eligible to participate in the Out Loud Anthology are those who have actively participated in either Out Loud or Out Loud Plus since its inception in 2002 and those invited by special invitation.
6. Submissions must be unpublished and original work of participants.
7. Each participants must mail to the Midwest Writing Center:
§ A signed copy of the Statement of Authenticity Form at www.midwestwritingcenter.org.
8. All submissions will be considered for publication by the Out Loud Anthology Committee, and that committee will be responsible for selecting the poems which will be included.
9. The anthology will include an ISBN.
10. Each author included in the anthology will receive a complimentary submission copy.
11. Copies of the anthology will be available for purchase by Out Loud participants and the general public.