The annual collection will include authors from all levels of writing. Some professional, others unseasoned. It doesn’t matter. If your story is the best, then it’s in. Stories include science fiction, fantasy, and horror that capture the essence of each genre in their most heightened and original forms. International entries are welcome. Please be sure to follow ALL of the below guidelines. Failure to follow the guidelines below may result in your storybeing immediately rejected.
Science fiction, fantasy, and horror. We will not consider any other genre.
Terms and specifications:
1) This work must be original and your own. If you are chosen, you will be required to sign a written contract stating that you own the copyright to work and give us permission to print the work.
2) You must be over 18. If not, you must provide written consent by a parent or guardian.
3) Leucrota Press reserves the right to edit the manuscript as needed.
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
Plot and Setting
Author’s voice and delivery
1) Short stories only, between 2,000 and 7,500 words. Include word count at the beginning.
2) Content must be written for a mature, well-read audience. No children’s stories.
3) Your name and title of work must appear in the top right corner of every page. Print only one white paper,one side only. Please use black ink, and an easily readable serif font.
3) We do not accept emailed submissions for Abaculus. Emailed submissions will not be read or returned.
Submissions must be mailed to:
P.O. Box 647
Poway, CA 92074
4) You may enter as many times as you like. You may mail multiple submissions together, but each story must have its own cover letter, and be separated by a band or paper clip.
5) If you wish to have your story returned if rejected, please enclose a SASE (with sufficient postage) and a note in your cover letter that you want the manuscript returned.
Submissions will be accepted from March 1 to June 30 of each year. Please, no submissions before opening date, and no late submissions will be accepted. Submissions must be received by the closing date – not postmarked, so make sure you send in your submission plenty of time ahead.
Prizes:That year’s “Editors’ Pick” will receive $100, and 5 copies of the printed book. All other contributors will receive one book copy and recognition on our website. Winners will be notified no later than August 21 of that year. Book copies will be distributed on first print.
If you have any questions or comments, email email@example.com.
You may also visit our web page at http://www.leucrotapress.com/submissions.html to view more details and full submission guidelines.