We are publishing the fourth in our acclaimed series of short story-collections and are looking for talented, vibrant authors to submit stories for consideration. Our short-fiction series, called ‘The Short Story Reinvented’, is designed for today’s busy, but discerning, reader. Short fiction is the perfect answer for the modern reader on the move who wants to read easily accessible, sleek contemporary fiction. Through this series we hope to reaffirm the short story’s inimitable place in the mainstream market.
We plan to publish the new collection at the end of March 2009 and are calling for writers to send in their submissions by 31st October 2008. A summary and full description of the brief are given below. We look forward to reading, and hopefully publishing, your work!
· Short-story of approximately 9,000-12,000 words
· Actions/thoughts to occur/take place in a single room
· Thought-provoking and original. We want to feel moved and inspired by these stories.
· Please submit stories to Lucy Boguslawski, Publishing Assistant by email to email@example.com by 31st October 2008. If you would like to organise an alternative method of suubmission please email the same address.
· Any questions or queries, just let us know and we’ll try to get back to you as soon as we can – email firstname.lastname@example.org.· Visit the books and reviews page of our website for details of the first three collections in the series, The Remarkable Everyday, Seven Days and Eight Hours.
* * *
Check out my new young adult fantasy Beyond the Fifth Gate.