We are looking for dark science fiction or dark fantasy stories w/horror elements in all styles, mixes, and viewpoints. The darker the better and nothing is too taboo. We want stories thick with atmosphere and don't be afraid to spend time developing character and plot.
* What we don't want: Stories with excessive profanity, child abuse, bestiality, incest, or hate fiction. We pander to an adult audience so please no fiction aimed at children.
* Tip: Send us only your best because we will be submitting stories to a few of the year's best anthologies.
* Length: 4,500 - 16,000 words.
* Deadline: Until filled.
* Payment: We will pay a token payment of $5 for original fiction, paid on publication. You will also receive a free six month subscription to our market database for speculative fiction writers ($7.97 value). Authors that have at least one published novel, novella, anthology, collection will also receive a free one year listing in our Book and Magazine Directory ($7.97 value).
* How we pay: All writers that submit to us must have an active PayPal account for payment.
* Rights: We purchase exlusive P.O.D and world-wide electronic rights (CD, disk, audio, email, download, or any other digital format known or yet to be invented). We also retain the right to archive your story up to five years and reprint your story for a possible "Best of the Year Anthology."
* How to submit: We accept electronic submissions only. Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org . Make sure to put "ALL APOCALYPTIC ANTHOLOGY and Title of your story" in the subject line. We use the same e-mail address for all submissions and without the proper subject line we won't know where your story fits in our publications.
* Format: No need for a cover letter; but make sure to include a short bio (written in third-person) embedded in the body of the e-mail. Please include previous publishing credits and a short 150 word or less blurb (written in third-person) describing your story. The blurb will be used for marketing purposes.
* Submission Format: RTF (.rtf) or MS WORD (.doc) file sent as an attachment. Underline all italicized text. Please include all contact information with your manuscript. Use Times New Roman 12pt font and single space all paragraphs and double space all section breaks along with marking them with three asterisks ***.
* Multiple Submissions: You can submit up to two stories.
* Simultaneous Submissions: It's okay with us as long as you let us know that you've also submitted it elsewhere. And if your story is accepted by another publication please inform us immediately.
* Reprints: We do not accept reprints at this time.
* Response time: 1-4 months. If you haven't heard back from us within four months feel free to query with the date of your submission or assume it has been rejected. Our responses will come in the form of a simple form letter via e-mail.
* Publication date: There are no set publication dates for our anthologies -- once an anthology is full we will publish it within twelve months.