Woman and Horses
An anthology of women writing about horses.
Potential essay subjects could address:
- Horse whispering
- A woman who loved horses as a girl, had to give them up and then returns to them later in life
- The experiences of Native American women and women of color
- The mystery of young girls and horses
- An obsession with performance horses and winning competitions
- Men who love women who love horses. How they deal with this passionate love affair their wife or girlfriend is having.
- The horse cure. How a connection with a horse helped to heal a broken heart, life or body.
- Wild horses. Women who have adopted a wild horse or become involved in the struggle to keep them wild.
- Horse rescue. Women who save abandoned horses or horses destined for slaughter.
- A woman shaman who has a horse as a power animal.
Submissions should be between 2,000-4,000, double spaced and received no later than
Click here for more information.