Sunday, September 27, 2009

Inner Fears Anthology

Announcing the first in the "Guest Editor Series" of Lame Goat Press books.

I'm looking for stories (1000-5000 words) about a character who has an inner fear. Whether it's your inner fear or a fear of one of your characters doesn't matter to me. The genre will obviously be horror, but I'll be flexible on what other elements it has (sci-fi, fantasy, etc.). I'd prefer third person stories where the fear really grips the reader. I'll accept some first person narratives if they're well written, but as I'll probably receive an abundance of those, they must be VERY well written to be accepted.

Also, I'm looking for ONE poem with which to open the anthology. I'll only accept one story per writer, but if you were to send in a poem and a story, then I might accept both.

Unless I absolutely fall in love with a story, I won't be accepting anything until after the deadline, which is December 20th, 2009.

Word count for this anthology is expected to be around 80,000 words. Please send in your stories in .rtf format. Please include a cover letter with your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and publication history. Also, a short author's biography of around 100 words.

Look for this to go in print in 2010. I'll be able to give you a better idea when a few months down the line, but 2010, as a broad estimate, should be fairly accurate. Lame Goat Press is in its infancy, so, unfortunately, we cannot afford to compensate our writers at this time. This will be the third anthology that we produce, so we're hoping to be able to begin giving out contributor copies soon, but no promises. All I can promise you right now is that you'll have a writing credit if we accept your story.

Please send submissions to William Wolford at wgwolford@gmail.com with "Inner Fear submission" in the subject line. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me about them. Good luck!


If you have any interest in providing the cover art for this particular antho, contact me at cjacobsmeyer@msn.com.

Visit Lame Goat Press at LAMEGOATPRESS.PROBOARDS.COM.

No comments: